Thursday Thanks Tank Independence Day Edition


(a time to intentionally redirect my gaze and give testimony to the ways God blesses me)

How is God filling my tank this week? 

  • Freedom: I take it for granted way too often, but I am deeply proud and blessed to be an American. I am grateful for the men who signed the document all those years ago to intentionally set forth a different kind of place for people to live free. Have their ideals and convictions been compromised in more ways than I can enumerate here today? Absolutely. However, I still sit here in my home today, with the freedom to open my laptop and write what I want, when I want, and hit "PUBLISH"  for you to read when you want. Lots of our freedoms are still intact, and I am grateful.
  • Fans: The heat of summer has been steady and steamy this week. I am extremely grateful for fans, both the ceiling kind and the portable tower one I've been toting around my house to whatever room I am currently using. At the moment it oscillates at the foot of my bed. Its remote is my favorite thing about it right now!
  • Independence: I am grateful to have the ability to go about my days without constant assistance. I know that is another freedom, and I find myself more and more acutely aware of its precious nature as I watch those around me who don't have it any longer. Independence is fleeting and a gift our Father gives us, while also insisting we live dependent on Him. (Another conundrum we'll unpack further on another day.)
  • Salvation: It is FREEDOM in the purest sense. I am eternally free because Jesus died for me. I accepted His free gift, and I am forever His -- forever FREE. 
  • Cookies: I have two favorite cookies. I love a great,  crispy-on-the-outside, chewy-on-the-inside oatmeal raisin cookie. I will search the world over for one of these, and I have sampled lots of them over the years. This is more difficult in eating gluten free, but now lots of bakeries are making them available. Of course, I can always bake my own. Speaking of baking, my other favorite cookie I usually only make at Christmas time -- not sure why, but it's always been that way.
    Molasses crinkles are my other all-time favorite cookie. This week I made a stellar double batch of these babies -- gluten free, and they are FABULOUS! After this, I have now determined I do NOT have to wait for Christmas for these ever again!
How is God filling your tank this week? Please let me know in the comments, so I can share in the joy of God's provision for us!

Leaving a trail of beauty ~




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Kind

By Name

Mom: I Always Knew I’d Miss You . . .